Re: [homeschoolhub] New member

 

April,

Welcome.  We'll be holding an Info Night in August where you can find out more about groups and opportunities in the area.  Also, while your kids are in 1st-12 grade, there are two great programs you can check out...one in Niles, MI and one in Berrien Springs, MI.  Either one allows your kids to take classes like art, swimming, dance, Robotics, violin lessons, choir, theater, etc. and the school system pays for it.  Students must be MI residents to participate.  (High school students can take college classes for dual credit, also.)

My son (9th grade)  is in the Niles program, which allows kids to participate in school sports, too.  I also have a 2 year old son.  (We unschool.)

In the past, the HUB has had pre-school groups and park days and such, but there hasn't been interest recently.  We base our activities on the interests of the members, and members help organize and participate.  I'd like to get something going again now that I have a little one.  I do periodically organize a field trip, but again, NO ONE has wanted to participate in any that I organized this year.  :(  Busy with other things, I guess--or too busy to read the newsletter and find out about them.  :-) 

--Andrea



On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM, April Pachuta <orangeaugust@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Hi! My name's April Pachuta and my husband is Justin. We have a 5 year old son, Bradley, and a 2 year old daughter, Lily. My husband is from the Chicago area and I am from Kentucky. We currently live in Evansville, Indiana, but are moving to Bangor in a couple of weeks. We don't use a curriculum yet, but we are interested in the Charlotte Mason approach and unschooling. We are looking for homeschool groups for field trips and to meet people! I would love suggestions on any groups in the area! Thanks!!

April


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment