[homeschoolhub] Soccer on Memorial Day, Mon, 5/27, 3-5 p.m.

 

I'm often asked (strangely about once a year), "Why do you run your soccer game on Memorial Day?" And further, "Shouldn't you take a vacation to honor the men and women who died for our country?" And "Memorial Day is for the family barbecue."

I play soccer on Memorial Day because it's fun, healthy and a great activity for my whole family. Last year, I visited the graves of some of our honored military dead and played soccer afterwards. This year, I expect to enjoy a family meal both before and after soccer. I have, however, reached the point in my life when I cannot safely build my entire day around food.

If you'd like to run off some barbecue or to work up the appetite for some or both, join us.

Everyone will be appreciated regardless of age, gender or level of skill or fitness.

Monday, May 27, 3-5 p.m. at Howard Park at the corner of St. Louis and Jefferson Blvds. in South Bend.

Best,

Tom Borek

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment