[homeschoolhub] Soccer is Such Sweet Sorrow Mon. 9/2/13 3-5 pm

 

Last week I asked for newbies and we got two of the littlest and most enthusiastic newbies yet! Yay Newbies!

At the other extreme in terms of age and experience, I'm afraid that I have played my last regular Monday afternoon soccer game. Instead, I've accepted a permanent, full-time gig. It's 40 hours a week, day after day, and no time off for weekday afternoons in the park. It's like slavery but with air-conditioning and money and health insurance. (Maybe its not much like slavery, but I will miss homeschool soccer.)

The rest of my family (Jennifer, Blake, Veronica, Floyd and Herbie) have agreed to take over the supervision and organization of the games. Please give them your support. They are nicer, by far, than I am, and it pains them to give directions, make threats or impose penalties. (Sometimes the applies land really far from the tree.)

Tomorrow is Labor Day - of course I'll be there!

Everyone is valued regardless of age, gender, or level of skill or fitness.

Monday, Sept. 2, 3-5 p.m. at Howard Park at the corner of St. Louis and
Jefferson Blvds. in South Bend.

Best,

Tom Borek

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment