[homeschoolhub] Homeschool night at Kennedy Planetarium

 

I have a arranged a special Homeschool night at Kennedy Planetarium with the Planetarium teacher Mrs.Craft! It will be on April 13th! It is $2 per person, all ages. (0-3 year old are free, so long as they will be sitting in your lap). There will be 2 showings.
There is a limit to 60 people per group. I already have a few spots taken. I had alot of interest on Facebook with this and I would like to give every one a chance so please pick one show for now. If I have extra seats I will post the extra seats later. This needs to be prepaid so that I can be sure we cover the minimum fee and number of people per group. I will need you to email me with your name and the # of people attending and which show you want. Then I will give you my address to send the $2 for each seat and I will hold your spots. My email is tjgee03@yahoo.com. If you have any questions please email me. The planetarium is located at Kennedy Primary Academy, 609 N. Olive St., South Bend, IN 46628.
The 1st show will be at 5:30pm and is called 'Bear Tales' It is recommended K-12th grade. The title sounds like a little kids' show, but it is geared to people age 8 and up, but even 4-5 year olds can usually handle it because it has good variety. It is about the April - May night sky and constellations, contains quite a bit of scientific information as well as constellation stories (legends from ancient Egypt and Greece, all the way up to a tail about Blackbeard the Pirate).
The 2nd show at 6:30pm will be a program about the Transit of Venus and finding exoplanets (planets in other solar systems.) That one is more at an older kid and adult level. It would be a power point with interactive demonstrations.
Each program includes a preview of the April night sky that evening and a question and answer time. Also, if the sky is clear we will use the telescope to look at the Moon as part of both groups' session.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment