[homeschoolhub] Not Soccer – Debate

 

I've been debating since 1968 when I joined my high school debate team. I continued in college, at the New York University School of law, and later for 24 years in half a dozen federal and state courts. It's a skill that is not often taught. People generally struggle to develop the skills on their own. I can teach it.

I'll be teaching a 10-week course in Speech & Debate for 10 weeks this semester. Each student will have a chance to give at least 9 speeches, which will be primarily oral arguments. Every student will have different needs. My instruction will be individualized.

The progression will be as follows:

1. Speaking with little or reduced fear;
2. Speaking with appropriate volume and inflection;
3. Speaking from an outline with eye contact;
4. Organizing an oral argument;
5. Using quotations and facts;
6. Responding to an argument extemporaneously;
7. Practicing for fluency.

$20 per week ($10 per week if taken with "Pre-College Writing")

Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Regards,

Tom Borek
574-302-7865

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment