[homeschoolhub] Not Soccer, Not Mon. 12/31/2012

 

For many years, when not playing soccer with the kids, I've been teaching my own offspring, and high school and college students from other families. I find that many students, even homeschooled students, are unprepared to write their first college papers.

I will remedy this problem for a few high schoolers this semester by teaching a class in "Pre-College Writing."

Through a mixture of one-on-one feedback and group teaching experiences, over a 10-week period, each student will either be fully prepared for his or her first college paper or will make great progress toward that preparation. I will give weekly writing assignments, analyze/evaluate each assignment in detail, and teach whatever the student needs. Assignments will be individualized as well.

The progression is as follows:

1. Writing with appropriate grammar;
2. Writing in a formal voice;
3. Writing with improved organization and style;
4. Writing persuasively;
5. Researching;
6. Citing authority; and
7. Managing a very large research paper.

Each assignment will be manageable without tears, without excessive parental involvement, and without all-nighters.

$20 per week

(Ask me about my qualifications.)

Let me know if you'd like to join us. (Virtual participation via Skype is an option as well.)

Regards,

Tom Borek
574-302-7865

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment