Re: [homeschoolhub]

 

Julie,

I recommend you settle in MI.  St. Joseph along the lakeshore is nice.  I live in Dowagiac, which is a nice small town with little festivals throughout the year, some parks, a couple nature preserves, a community college, a small downtown of shops and restaurants, a nice little library, etc.  Housing tends to be a little more affordable than in some of the surrounding places.  We love it here.

Niles/Buchanan is a nice area, too--it's near Fernwood, a large nature center/pubic gardens place that has summer daycamps for kids--I attended them when I was a kid, and my older son did also.

Curious Kids museum in St. Joe (St. Joseph), Potawatomi Zoo in South Bend, Fernwood near Buchanan, art museums in Kalamazoo and South Bend, a larger zoo in Battle Creek, Love Creek Nature Center, the beaches along the lakeshore, lots of lakes and woods for caning, walking, fishing, camping, etc., lots of stuff to do in Chicago...there's lots of stuff to do around the area.

The two Partnerships are great--Berrien Springs and Niles.  Definitely a good thing to get involved with.  My son (16) takes college classes in Dowagiac, participates in an orchestra ensemble in Niles, and attends Boy Scouts in Berrien Springs.  My little guy (4) goes to story time at the library in Dowagiac and Niles, and attends monthly programs at Berrien Springs library.  We have had memberships to Fernwood, Potawatomi Zoo (current) and Curious Kids Museum.

--Andrea


On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Jon and Julie Bunnell jbunnell2003@yahoo.com [homeschoolhub] <homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

 
 Name: Julie Bunnell
Husband's Name: Jon
Childrens' First names/ages: Joshua-8, Jessica-7, Josiah-5, Jonny-2
Where you are from: We are currently in NY, but will be moving to the area within the next few months.
Curriculum using: I use several different ones. I like Saxon Math, All About Reading, God's Design for science, etc. I like to evaluate each subject individually.
Intersts in Group involvement: I am very interested in finding out what all this group has to offer.
Any questions for the group: We will be very new to the area, so I would appreciate everyone's opinions on where to settle. Anything you can tell me about the area would be great!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Andrea B <andreamom001@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment