Re: [homeschoolhub]

 

The reason I ask is that in Michigan you can tap into the local school districts for non-core classes.  Berrien Springs and Niles has taken that up a notch and created programs geared just to homeschoolers called Partnerships. You have to be Michigan resident to participate.  It doesn't matter what town in Michigan you are in to participate in either partnership.  What this means is that if you want to take classes at the YMCA, art lessons or private music lessons, etc, these partnerships can pay for them.  I am the director for the Niles Partnership and Sharon Haynes is the director for the Berrien Springs Partnership.   My website is currently being updated with Fall classes, but I do have a few resources up.  Sharon's program is pretty identical to mine and shows a lot of classes we both tap into.  My website should be all up and ready for registration by July 1st.  I believe Sharon will have hers updated by then too.  The Perimeters for both programs are on their websites.

Here is the link to mine.


Michigan has implemented a new seatwaiver that will apply to grades k-5 so as soon as we get ours approved I will be changing our website to reflect that option.  If you look at Seatwaiver guidelines, you will be able to see what that will look like for K-5 grades too.

If you have any questions just let me know.


On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Julie Bunnell jbunnell2003@yahoo.com [homeschoolhub] <homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hi Gail,
     My husband will be working in Covert. We were looking to go between there and St Joseph. 




On Mar 28, 2015, at 9:52 AM, Gail Bliss blissfamily@gmail.com [homeschoolhub] <homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Where, in our area, will you be living?  Michigan or Indiana?

On Saturday, March 28, 2015, Jon and Julie Bunnell jbunnell2003@yahoo.com [homeschoolhub] <homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

 
 Name: Julie Bunnell
Husband's Name: Jon
Childrens' First names/ages: Joshua-8, Jessica-7, Josiah-5, Jonny-2
Where you are from: We are currently in NY, but will be moving to the area within the next few months.
Curriculum using: I use several different ones. I like Saxon Math, All About Reading, God's Design for science, etc. I like to evaluate each subject individually.
Intersts in Group involvement: I am very interested in finding out what all this group has to offer.
Any questions for the group: We will be very new to the area, so I would appreciate everyone's opinions on where to settle. Anything you can tell me about the area would be great!



--
Gail Bliss






--
Gail Bliss


__._,_.___

Posted by: Gail Bliss <blissfamily@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment