Re: [homeschoolhub] Help!

 

Is she in MI or IN?  In MI, either partnership program will pay for college courses for high school students.  IN may also have "dual enrollment" options she can look into.


By 9th grade, kids are cable of self-educating, so she doesn't necessarily need to be there while her child is learning.  She can facilitate when she is home.

My son is also in 9th grade, but we don't use curriculum.  I have heard good things about the "Keys to" series ("Keys to algebra"  Keys to geometry" etc.)

--Andrea



On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Tom <porkyburrow@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Friends,

I have a friend who must find a way to homeschool her bright but under-achieving 9th grader ASAP. She faces two obstacles - very little time available when she is not working and a limited budget. The IUSB courses, for example, are too expensive.

I'm collecting options with pros and cons for each. If you've used a secondary curriculem, on-line or otherwise please let me know what is was, how expensive it was, and what you thought of it.

Please feel free to reply via e-mail or phone. If you'd prefer to speak directly to the parent, I can arrange that as well.

I realize that I presume on your generosity.

Thanks you.

Regards,

Tom Borek
574-302-7865


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment