RE: [homeschoolhub] 4 yr old Montessori kid

 

may a suggest that next tuesday you come to homeschool hang out at clay church firehouse on cleveland rd just past up mail heading west. we get together for social time  2-3:30  the first and 3rd tues..  keep an eye open for post from anne.. it is listed at life and the hub..  this  way you can meet and talk to all the us helpful people and share

Bonnie Drury
574-849-0457
Premier Designs High Fashion Jewelry
I get paid to sparkle

 

To: homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com
From: ecologicalbabies@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:19:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [homeschoolhub] 4 yr old Montessori kid

 
Thanks so much for the feedback...everyone!!  We have put money into an account for the year which basically pays for her schooling and helps with tax refunds.  I wondering if anyone has claimed their home for school to receive a reimbursement like this. ( We have to use this money for child care purposes or it's gone at the end of the year.)

I was thinking that if I started homeschooling, I could still send them somewhere to "play" for a couple hours maybe 1-2 times a week.  I run a business out of my home and am trying to strategize when I'm going to "work" and not less this ride over my "educating".  Are there any centers that would be worth looking into around the area?

-Jen

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM, clherms@frontier.com <clherms@frontier.com> wrote:
 

Hi Jen:

Just chiming in but you've already gotten some great advice. I am a mom of 4 and will tell you now that I am on kid #4 (and in my 12th year of homeschooling) I am wayyyyy more relaxed compared to my 1st (and even 2nd for that matter). I've discovered that kids need to be kids way longer than I ever realized and that play is the business for learning for them. I've discovered that learning doesn't have to look structured with desks and chairs (or even centers) for them to be learning. Often it can be big & comfy sofas and picture books. I've discovered kids are programmed to learn and if we feed this programming rather than killing it with lots of formal instruction (even when done well in a Montessori setting) that they will do better in the long run rather than looking smart and stellar in the moment. I discovered (after touring a Montessori primary classroom just this week as I have returned to work part time as was concerned as the quantity of a schoolwork we are accomplishing on a weekly basis has dropped off) that what I can offer my son on a part-time basis by continuing to homeschool him is STILL FAR SUPERIOR to what he would get full-time in a Montesorri classroom.

I would be happy to talk to you about the curriculum we follow (Ambleside Online - google it) and it's similarities to Montessori. You can do this at home! And it 's totally worth doing.

I vote with the others. Bring your previous child out of that environment and watch her bloom at home!





--
*Join us on Facebook for great discussions, new updates & specials!*

Ecological Babies LLC
51793 Whitestable Lane
South Bend, Indiana 46637
www.ecologicalbabies.com
574.275.1235




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment