RE: [homeschoolhub] Preparing to Take the Leap

 

sorry we did not get to talk much yesterday, but I am glad you were able to stop by for awhile. I think if I was in your place the first thing I would do is work on the family and work schedule.  You have a great idea in finding another family with a child your daughters age that you could share time with during the day so you can work. Trust me the educational part of homeschooling is the easiest,  time and money are the biggest concerns that I have discovered.  But you will be able to do it.  You might want to start helper your daughter to learn to play and entertain herself quietly, while you do your 2 hrs. of work.  Is there anything she can help you with?

Bonnie Drury
574-849-0457
Premier Designs High Fashion Jewelry
I get paid to sparkle

 

To: homeschoolhub@yahoogroups.com
From: ecologicalbabies@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:10:08 -0500
Subject: [homeschoolhub] Preparing to Take the Leap

 
Hey all,

I came by yesterday to my first group after I was told that my daughter will be terminated from her preschool at the end of the month.  Apparently, high spirited 4 year olds don't mix with Countryside Montessori.  Anyhow,  I appreciate all the support and encouragement from those I spoke to yesterday.  My main concern is that I won't have my 2 hours of carved out time every weekday for myself to work (I work from home, do dinner prep, projects, etc).  I already have felt like I don't have enough time to get things done.  SO, I think I may need either someone to play with my 2 children (or my 4 yo while son naps) 2-3 times a week. OR I need to find another place they can "play" without me for some of the week.

I am also looking into a loose curriculum to give me some starting point.  Has anyone used "Five in a Row"?  Any other preschool suggestions?  I'm really drawn to cultural programs. 

Anyone doing a co-op preschool in this group with shared lessons and getting kids together to learn?

Looking forward to getting more involved in the group,

Jen Starks

--
*Join us on Facebook for great discussions, new updates & specials!*

Ecological Babies LLC
51793 Whitestable Lane
South Bend, Indiana 46637
www.ecologicalbabies.com
574.275.1235




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment